Thursday, February 27, 2014

Why Can't We Have Nice Things: Cardinal Virtues: Temperance

It surprised me to learn that studiousness is ordered to Temperance --- doesn't it seem more naturally aligned with Fortitude? If you have an interest, work with this in the background --- you won't regret it --- even better if you have time for the visual zen that is Ven. Fulton Sheen.

Watching this is like being with my grandparents. And I realize how much his thoughtful and comparably slower (than like Twitter, or Conan O'Brien or whatever) speaking style makes me itch. Which is enough proof for me of his argument here.

Okay, I have many babies to chase and snuggle. They get faster and bigger every day. Turn around and they're four years old, in high heels, opining about their daily schedule and favorite animals. I love raising little girls. *But boys are effortless, I must say! In my vast two years of experience there. : )


Conversion Diary is hosting Seven Posts in Seven Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment